RE: aftermarket heads

To: "'Jim Kelliher'" <jkelliher@bcop.com>, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: aftermarket heads
From: Phil Martin <pmartin@isgtec.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:35:32 -0500
I can't comment on an intake that clears the hood, but I would recommend
that you buy heads, cam, intake, and 4-barrel carb as a package.  Edelbrock
and Ford Motorsport both have packages like this.  There may be other
vendors that do something similar.

These items work best when they're tuned to each other, so these packages
can eliminate some guesswork.  Edlebrock and Ford both make their own
aluminum heads, cams, and intakes, but if you wanted to go with TFS Twisted
Wedge heads, or a Crane Cam, you might have to do the integration yourself,
using the RPM ranges for each as a guide.

Again, I don't have any specific comments about the K brace, but in general,
anything that keeps your front suspension stiffer will improve handling.

As for the urethane bushings out back - I have to seriously wonder if this
would result in any kind of tangible benefit.  I would think that the
leaf-spring suspension would be free to boogie around enough back there even
with hard bushings that it wouldn't make much difference.  If you had
trailing arms and a Panhard rod or Watts linkage, then that would be a
different story...
--
Phil Martin                             pmartin@surgnav.com
"Sometimes there's a fine line between