Fw: Has anyone produced a new muffler design

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Has anyone produced a new muffler design
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 20:49:43 -0400

>I remember a long time ago a rumor that the Bricks muffler was the
same one used
>on chevy's SS Chevelle
==========
Never seen one with a single crossflow and I've worked on several
from different  model years.
==========
 and I 've noticed someone else used a Camaro's.
==========
He said he had to use a coupler because the inlets were 2" like the
pipe, but if memory serves, the Z28 and SS350 muffler had 2-1/4".
==========
If this
>is accurate, Flow Master Muffler makes h.p. mufflers for these
applications and
>there catalog gives very detailed dimensions on there product line.
==========
The flowmasters I've heard are fairly loud, but that was a while
back.
==========
 I personally
>enjoy the original exhaust set up on my car. It sounds BAD!
I agree, and it's not too loud.
 Also I thought it
>was designed as a "break away exhaust system", one of the safety
features of the
>SV-1.
No more so than any other exhaust system.

GM