AMC brakes

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: AMC brakes
From: Parkman Kenneth <Kenneth.Parkman@pwc.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 12:20:55 -0400
I haven't had direct bricklin brake experience (yet), but can add a few
comments re AMC discs. AMC has used several different brake systems
over the years, but they are all easily interchangeable in sets. Early
70's used Kelsey-Hayes and later used Bendix brakes. I have installed a
set of 73 Ambassador Wagon brakes on my 77 Hornet (only because the
hornet rotors were ruined and I had the wagon I got the 401 from for
parts; both brakes were 11"), then removed them and installed a set of
lightweight 10" Bendix brakes from a 1980 4 cyl Concord. It was a
simple bolt-on, with the only concern making sure the flex hose
matched. Assuming the Bricklin has 11" Bendix I don't think there would
be any improvement available with commonly available AMC parts. I have
some catalogs home to check, I'll try to remember to do so tonight.

Ken