Re: Window mechanism

To: <Lbc302@aol.com>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Window mechanism
From: "George J. Malaska" <bricklingeorge@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 19:09:47 -0400
 Claude,do not know of a crossreference for the window regulator. Tanner and
Hoffman do have a better way to attatch the glass. They take a " u" shaped
channel and weld it to the old part that attatched to the window. The window
sits  down in the channel and is held in by urethane. The two advantages are
that you do not have to worry about the bonding breaking and the glass
falling inside the door and possibly breaking. The other advantage is that
the window sits down further in the door and is almost  unseen when rolled
down. Had this in my car for years and it works well. Hope this helps.
George.