Re: Whoops, oil and clutch

To: bricklin@autox.team.net, bill-whitney@erols.com
Subject: Re: Whoops, oil and clutch
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:15:20 PDT
Bill, it is very simple.  The 74 4 speeds have the whole drive train
(I'm not sure about the rear end) and engine that was in the 74 Javelin
with the 360 engine (maybe the AMX? I'm not sure).  I have an older
Chiltons and that even says how to get the Hurst shifter and everything
else out and in and the pictures are the same, including the T10
transmission (I believe that is the number of the trans but I don't have
the material here).  Anyhow, my car is 618 so I'm sure that yours is
identical. It should cost about $500 including parts, labor and turning
the flywheel. My car has about 29,000 miles on it and the clutch was
definitely shot.  If you need the info from Chiltons, I'm sure it's in
the library or I will mail it to you, it's only about 4 pages.  The
clutch will be done tomorrow so then I will know for absolutely sure
then, but, to tell the truth, I'm sure now. Kim

>Kim...
>
>>> ...it is an AMC drivetrain with an 11" > clutch disk.
>
>Do you know the part number? Or if anyone else knows, please reply. I
>may need a new clutch and I've heard 10-1/2" is the right one. Now,
it's
>11". So I'm confused. My mechanic says the 10-1/2" is not right as the
>number of spines is not the same on that clutch as is on the housing.
So