Re: Holley

To: esfeld@netdoor.com
Subject: Re: Holley
From: GLCurley <GLCurley@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 11:37:11 EDT
According to Terry Tanner the best carb to use (and I was staying with stock
manifold and no other engine mods.) is the Holley 600 cfm with vacuum
secondaries, 1850 series.  I got one of these last summer and it runs great.
It was a manual choke and I did not put in a choke cable.  At first I was
going to add the automatic choke attachment, but it warms up so quickly I
probably will just leave it as is.  For another car, I recently got another
Holley with the auto. choke, and am in the process of putting it on.  If you
need the exact model numbers, I could probably find my invoice.  I have a
catalog that is listing the carbs for around $160-175.  You might need a
spacer as well because the stock phenolic spacer cracks very easily.  Hope
this helps and if you need more info let me know.
George Curley (#220, 670, 489)