Miscellaneous Questions

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Miscellaneous Questions
From: GodlyKrew@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 23:18:44 EST
My Bricklin (VIN 1758) needs a few things....

1:  I think the muffler or part of the exhaust system is leaking somewhere.
Plus, the exhaust pipes that go from the engine compartment to the muffler are
quite low to the ground...they are halfway between the bottom of the car and
the ground.  What do I need to do to test for leaks, reposition the pipes,
etc?

2: the steering column may need because i cannot always engage the steering
wheel lock.  When it fails, i hear the click but the wheel does not lock.  if
i have the key out of the ignition i can usually make it work by pushing my
finger down on the black lever, moving the ignition switch, and turning the
wheel all at the same time.
Sometimes I have to turn the switch really hard to start the car.

3: sometimes just after I start the car and start driving (usually when I'm
turning or switching from reverse to drive) the car tries to die.  What do I
need to adjust/fix?

4: is there a window mechanism from another car that would fit in the brick
that would be easy enough to crank so I can install a JC Whitney Power Window
Kit?

5: The horn is not working.  Where do I start looking to fix the problem?

6: A rear windshield wiper would be nice....

By the way, Paul, I hate to keep bothering you like this, but I was wondering
if I should have the $300 on hand here at home just in case you sent the air
door kit....hope you're feeling much better =)

1 last question....
what is it about the chassis/rollcage design that allows the collision force
from a front or rear crash to be redirected around the passenger compartment
instead of under the passenger compartment?  I know the High Impact Saftey
Bumper System is based on the bumpers being mounted as extentions of the
chassis....