FW: Any ideas on gas leak?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: Any ideas on gas leak?
From: Mark Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 00:44:33 -0700 (MST)
[BOUNCE bricklin@autox.team.net:    Non-member submission from ["K M"
<symbiotic@hotmail.com>]]

     Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 18:40:50 PST
     From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
     Subject: Any ideas on gas leak?

#618 has a fairly substantial gas leak on the driver's side up somewhere
above the pan.  I couldn't really get under there to look because of all
the rain that we had today and how low this darned car is but I was
wondering just what to expect.  How are the 360's plumbed?  Is the fuel
pump down there somewhere.  Is this a normal problem?  I believe that
the leak is on the tank side of the pump -- is the fuel line metal from
the tank to the pump?  Sandy Bigman told me of a problem with an exhaust
manifold and fires in the 74's.  Is this the genesis?  Any help, as
always, is appreciated.