BIG XXII - North Meets South

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: BIG XXII - North Meets South
From: Michael Mitchell <MICHAELM@bcgsys.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 12:06:27 -0500
[Michael steps on soapbox...]

        For any that have not heard, our next big (Eastern) meet will be
held July 29th through August 2nd, 1998 in Lexington, Kentucky. (See Web
page for further details). We (my Wife, Daughter and I) had a wonderfull
time attending our first BI meet last year in Canton, Ohio, and are
looking forward with great anticipation to this year's. I urge each of
you that can attend to do so, and to spread the word to other Bricklin
owners.

[... and then off.]

        Anyone on the list that is involved in the planning of this? I'd
like to get some details about the upcoming meet, so I can get my plans
in order. I assume from previous year's venues, that the Concourse is on
Saturday -- and therefore the Road Rally and Drag Racing on Friday? Is
the parking provided at the Host Hotel covered? (yeah, mine still
leaks...)

        I would also welcome those of you that wish to caravan (or know
someone) from the north to contact me. Assuming that Thursday's events
do not include the Drag Racing (no way I'm missing that!), I plan on
leaving Akron before noon Thursday July 30. I'll pass through Columbus,
possibly Dayton, then through Cincinnati and on to Lexington. I would be
happy to meet up with you at any of those locations.

        I would also like to re-kindle interest in MBO (Midwest Bricklin
Owners). This regional organization has all but disappeared. If it
weren't for the efforts of Jim Fout of Kenton, Ohio, it would have been
gone long ago. Many of us know Jim from the yearly Pig Roast he holds in
late Autumn at the Dealer's Saloon in Kenton. I welcome those of you in
Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Indiana that would care to meet this summer for
car shows, cruises, or just good company to contact me. I typically will
drive to local car cruises during the week, and to shows on most
weekends. I would be delighted to meet with fellow owners! If there is a
local show in your area you think is good, let me know! For example, one
of the big events we go to is in Massillon, Ohio (South of Akron, near
Canton). This one draws car lovers from all over Ohio and surrounding
states. They close down the downtown area, fill it with all sorts of
classic cars, people and entertainment. It gets bigger every year!

        I look forward to meeting many of you in person in July!

Michael V. Mitchell
Akron, Ohio
# 1155 - "Marvin" - The alien with an attitude!