Tire sealant

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire sealant
From: Isensee <Isensee@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 13:02:42 EST
The February issue of Consumer Reports evaluates a tire sealant. They pounded
7 nails in one tire, slashed the sidewall in another, and make the bead leak
in a third. In all cases the sealant pumped the tire up and made it drivable.
It fills the tire with some foamy goop. The disadvantage is that the goop
needs to be cleaned out when a permanent repair is made to the tire. This
sounds like something all Bricklin owners should carry since there is no spare
tire.

The brand they evaluated was Prestone Tire Jack. I have seen similar stuff in
several other brands and I think they all work about the same.

Scott Isensee