Gas sending unit

To: "'Bricklin@autox.team.net'" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas sending unit
From: "Fedeli, Joe" <paa5072@exmail.dpsc.dla.mil>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 07:22:32 -0500
Gentlemen,

        Just a little bad news for everyone out there with the same problem I
just resolved regarding the gas tank sending unit.  1).  The AMC part
number is no longer good, unless you obtain it from a NOS supplier that
has some old inventory laying around!  2).  Apparently, this part 'fits'
a large majority of AMC muscle cars, and the demand is very great on
this component part which is no longer manufactured.  3). Expect to pay
high $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s for the part, if you can find it!  (I spent
over 2+ months tracking down this part).  4).  Do put gas stabilizer in
your tank when storing the car (guess you figured out what I did
wrong!).
Joe Fedeli
jfedeli@dpsc.dla.mil