RE:

To: "Christopher A. Demato" <cdemato@orion.it.luc.edu>
Subject: RE:
From: "GREGORY MONFORT" <WINGRACER@classic.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 97 04:16:17 UT
Welcome aboard! The Bricklin wasn't designed to compete with high $$$ exotics,
but mid priced Grand Tourers, specifically the Corvette. A 1975 Car and Driver
comparison test lists:
                              Bricklin                   Vette

0-60                       8.3                            7.7
0-100                     34                             22.8
1/4 mi.                  16.6 @ 83.6              16.1 @ 87.4
top speed              118                          129

No skid pad tests, but I can say from personal experience that the Vette had
the edge. The Bricklin was still in a stage of early development when it was
forced into production. With minor motor mods, suspension tuning and
additional bracing; it could be a real sportin' machine.

GM

I am new to this service, but have been following the Bricklin for a
year now.  I was curious as to if there are any times for 0-60mph as well
as 1/4 mile times, slalom and skidpad results, etc.  I love the car, but
am a true SPORTS car enthusiast and cannot see the Bricklin running hot
times with a 3 speed automatic trans.  That seems to be the only flaw with
this car, and it is a damn shame nore people aren't aware of this beauty.
Thank you for your time.

 - Chris