Electric fan

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Electric fan
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 19:45:58 -0400 (EDT)
I installed an electric fan in my Bricklin this weekend. I mounted it in
front of the air conditioning condensor in "pusher" mode so it supplements
the regular fan. I have a switch in the passenger compartment to turn it on
when needed.

I had to remove the hood and the top radiator support to get room to work
when installing the fan. I used a 14" fan which covers the condensor top to
bottom.

It seems to do the job. I was stopped in heavy traffic in 95 degree weather
today with the air conditioner on full. I snapped on the electric fan when
the temperature gauge climbed to 220. The temperature then stopped there and
held steady.

The fan must block some air flow to the radiator and condensor, but I
couldn't detect any increase in temperature in normal driving.

Scott Isensee