74 owners

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: 74 owners
From: Tim Lucas <macgyver@UDel.Edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 11:31:32 -0400 (EDT)
I would like to ask any 74 owners with the manual trans if you could help
me out.  If you have ever taken your eng and/or trans out of your car,
could you tell me how the shifter linkages are set up?  How is your
clutch connected to the trans? Also, how is the cluch mounted in the
floor? Please describe in as much detail as you can.
Although I am a 75 owner, I have just discovered that my bell housing has
a big crack in it.  I plan to replace it with a manual.
Even if you own a 75 and have any suggestions... I think this job is going
to be harder than it sounds.
Thanks.
-Tim
        --  Timothy C. Lucas