RE: rear things

To: Pugsracer@aol.com
Subject: RE: rear things
From: "GREGORY MONFORT" <WINGRACER@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 97 20:48:09 UT
I tend to answer questions without elaborating. Actually, I had a 7/8" bar
custom bent so I could use the existing axle brackets. I was thinking about a
kit that Terry Tanner said he was going to offer, but I don't know if he ever
got around to it. Addco (if they're still in business) or Ranchero has (had?)
kits for AMC models that should be adaptable. Check out J. C. Whitney, they
used to sell kits dirt cheap. You may have to cut off  the torque arm bkt. on
the axle to be able to mount the new bkts.. I mentioned new shocks. You must
replace the shocks with heavier duty ones to compensate for the 'freeing up'
of the rear end. I have Monroe-Matic Plus gas charged units listed for the '67
Mustang. I also added a helper leaf to the springs because my car would
occasionally bottom out.

GM