Electric fan

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Electric fan
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 13:39:07 -0400 (EDT)
My Bricklin normally runs a constant 180 degrees. Last week I was caught in a
traffic jam in near 100 degree heat. The engine temperature climbed to 250
degrees. The traffic cleared at that point so I am not sure whether it had
topped out or would soon have boiled over.

I am thinking I may add an electric fan in front of the radiator to ensure
the engine doesn't overheat in situations like this. Has anyone tried that?
Is it effective? Can it be tied into the temperature sensor to come on only
when needed? One of my other cars has an electric fan which turns on whenever
the air conditioning is on to ensure it gets enough air flow to run
efficiently. That seems like a good idea. Does anyone have instructions on
how I would tie the fan into the air conditioning system on a Bricklin?

Scott Isensee