Re: Bricklin Dealer..

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin Dealer..
From: JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu (Jim Isbell)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 14:03:39 -0600 (CST)
Dave said:

>He told me that the used to be a Bricklin Dearler in Hamilton Ontario
>Canada.. And he got so desprate to sell off his last '76 Bricklin in
>late 1977 he offered to sell it to my fathers friend for $3500
>CANADIAN!!!! This car also had only 3 miles on it..

Thats a normal price for that year.  Maybe a little under the norm, but not
much.  The first ones in 1974 sold new for around $2500-$2600.

But if you put that money in the bank and let it draw interest for 20 years
and also throw into that account the money you would have spent on garageing
costs and just minimal maintenance and allow that to add compound interest,
today you could buy the BEST Bricklin in the country for half of the account
ballance and you would have the rest to spend on a second Brick!

         JIM I.

"Life is tough.  Its tougher if you're stupid"  J.Wayne

1970 XKE 2+2
1974 Bricklin
1978 Roberts 44' steel ketch, "Millennium Falcon"
         "Its the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."
Han Solo
1979 Lola T540 Formula Atlantic
1985 XJS
1985 XJ6