Spare parts

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Spare parts
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 12:10:22 -0500
Hey gang,

  Any body played with trying to make their own interior panels,
such as those for the doors or the rear quarter panels.  I know
they are available but at big $$$$.

  If you come up with any good parts information, please let me
know so I can put it in the parts list.  I've heard rumors that
the headlight actuators, the control valves, and the headlight
switch were from a Corvett.  However, I hadn't really seen any
thing about it.  I was at a Corvett restoration shop a couple of
weeks ago.  Sure enough, there were the actuators and control valves.
Unfortunately, the person that knew how much they were wasn't there,
nor could I get a Chevy. part number.

Also, we need to find out what kind of parts are getting very hard
to find (like interior panels) and see what we can do about finding
replacements.

Once such case is the motor mounts for the 75s.  I haven't been able
to find an aftermarket replacement.  I've had quotes of up to $200
for a pair.  Any body found an aftermarket source for the mounts?
I've been told that the 74 motor mounts are standard AMC mounts.
Anybody know for sure?  Got a part number?  An aftermarket source?

What about the seat slides?

Come on gang, we've got to stick together and share our knowledge.

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!