bmcu

[Bmcu] BMCU Grantsville Update

To: "bmcu" <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bmcu] BMCU Grantsville Update
From: "DUFF LAWSON" <duff_lawson@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:24:50 -0600
Well this is the final update and here is what we have.

The bad news first.  The events at MMP fell through.  No parade lap and no
admission to the museum but this will still be a good first-of-the-year club
event.  There are plenty of other things planned.

I'm sure everyone got Roger's email, he will meet up with whoever would like
to drive together at the Flying J gas station in Salt Lake, 900 West and 2100
South, at 7:45 AM, and will leave at 8:00 AM, sharp.  He will be taking 2100
South and U-201, exiting at the #99 exit on I-80, continuing toward Tooele on
U-36, turning west onto U-138, and continuing on into Grantsville.

So on to the weather.  There is a 20% chance of showers throughout the day and
a high Temp of 64 degrees.  That is a substantial improvement from a few days
ago but I'm afraid for me it will still be a "game time decision".  I'm going
to wait and see what it looks like Saturday morning.

My Mini is just no fun in the rain.  People can complain about their leaky
roadsters but I get just as wet because the doors and windows don't fit
snugly.  It also has the additional disadvantage of having the distributor
directly behind the grill and I have had it drowned out more than once!  It's
no fun leaning into the engine compartment in the pouring rain trying to dry
off the distributor.

If I don't make it to the event, would one of the other officers please pass
around a sign-up sheet and ask for donations.  Many thanks, hope to see you
there.  GGDuff
Bmcu@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive