bmcu

[Bmcu] BMCU @ 127th Annual Grantsville Old Folks Sociable.

To: "bmcu" <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bmcu] BMCU @ 127th Annual Grantsville Old Folks Sociable.
From: "DUFF LAWSON" <duff_lawson@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 21:46:12 -0700
The first driving event of the 2011 BMCU calendar will be March 19th.  This is
the second time that the club will participate in this the 127th Annual
Grantsville Old Folks Sociable.

Registration is free again this year and begins at 9:00 A.M. at the
Grantsville High School located at 155 Cowboy Drive, Grantsville, UT.   The
show runs from 11 A.M. to 4 P.M.  There will be Dash Plaques, Raffle Drawings,
Sponsor Choice Awards and of course music and food.

Those who participated in the event last year will remember that there was a
Poker Ralley.  That's not happening this year, instead... there will be a
parade lap at Miller Motorsports Park.  I have to caution, this is only
tentative because details were still being worked out when I spoke to one of
the organizers, but that is the plan!  Bonus!  If you haven't had the
opportunity to drive your LBC on this race track, here may be your best
chance.  It's a real kick in the a** even if you can't go as fast as you would
like to!

I'm sending out this email so you can contact me if I have missed some details
but there is no actual event sponsor this year.  This is just a show up by
what ever route you choose and someone will direct you to a parking space,
type of event.

Obviously weather is a significant factor for an event this early in the year.
Right now the nine day weather forecast is showing a 40% chance of rain
showers and a high temperature of 43 degrees.  That doesn't sound very good
but we will hope that it improves as the date gets closer.  I will send out an
update when there are two days to go.  Ultimately, of course, the choice is
yours, at what point for you does it stop being fun to drive your British
car?

Cross your fingers everybody this is an event that will be a lot of fun to
attend, if the weather goes our way.  See you there.

GGDuff
Bmcu@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive