bmcu

Re: [Bmcu] mailing list

To: bmcu@autox.team.net
From: Gary Lindstrom <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 07:39:30 -0700
OK, it's time to weigh in here.

Somehow the urban legend started that the BMCU governors are removing
folks from the email list.

We only do that if (a) the person asks, or (b) messages to the person
from the BMCU email list start bouncing back to me as list administrator.

So, rest assured, everyone will stay on the email list unless (a) or (b)
applies.

I speculate that this legend started by someone thinking that
broadcasting their wishes in this regard to all 250+ folks on this list
would work as a substitute for returning the response form enclosed with
the December newsletter calendar.

However, the email list and the BMCU membership database are two
separate records.  There are many, many folks who are on the email list
for historical or courtesy reasons, but have never been club members.

Upshot: you won't be a member in good standing for 2008, and won't
receive postal mailings such as our terrific yearly photo calendar,
unless you return your response form to our diligent Membership
Director, Michael Scoggins, who maintains the membership database.

        --Gary Lindstrom
        BMCU newsletter editor and webmaster