bmcu

TR6 emissions

To: <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 emissions
From: Neil McCasland <neilmcc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:41:38 -0600
Dear Brit car enthusiasts (madmen?)

    I've just been transferred to Hill AFB and drove up with a 76 TR6 from a
land that didn't hold me to emissions testing.   Any recommendations for
shops and mechanics that have some good experience with the Zenith Stromberg
carb set up and TR6's in particular?   If you own a TR6, could anybody share
with me what level of idle and fast CO you are acheiving?   Based on how I
could tune the carbs (including balancing the temperature comps) I was down
to 4 to 5 ppm at 2500 (just out of limits) but at 8 ppm at idle which is x2
limit.  Passed HC easy, have a recent rebuild with tight rings and valves.

    Thanks!

            Neil McCasland