bmcu

12 year sleep nearly over!

To: <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: 12 year sleep nearly over!
From: "Dow Shirley" <dowshirey5499@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:29:29 -0600
 I reached a milestone today! After putting the radiator back in and filling
it up (thanks everyone who gave advice on my radiator.  I took it to
Intermountain Radiator and they cleaned the tanks and rodded it. Saved me
$100 over buying a new one), I rolled her out into the driveway and started
trying turn her over. She was reluctant to say the least. After about 10-15
min of cranking and sputtering she grabbed hold and fired up!! I let it idle
to normal temp, i had put in some Prestone radiator flush to try and flush
the rest of the old gunk I couldn't get to. Everything looked good, yellow
oil light goes out, red ignition light goes out, temp gauge responding,
engine ticking along nicely. After she came to temp I got a hissing from the
top choke hose. The clamp was as tight as I could get it, so either bad
hose, or I need to clean the water choke cause it's blocked. The only thing
that bugged me was when she sputtered and died after trying to turn over
there was a sound near my feet. Something like a low grrrrrumble...I'm
thinking cluch plate and flywheel here. Now that I know the engine runs I
can plan an attack on clutch and try to get her in gear. Just a few more
weeks and hopefully I'll be back on the road and able to make a few road
trips with the BMCU before summer's over! Thanks for all the advice, you
guys rock!

Dow