bmcu

British Field Day reminder: this Saturday June 5

To: BMCU Members <BMCU@autox.team.net>
Subject: British Field Day reminder: this Saturday June 5
From: Gary Lindstrom <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:48:22 -0600
13TH ANNUAL BRITISH FIELD DAY - JUNE 5TH

Get your British Cars and Motorcycles out for British Field Day.

It's that time of year for all British car and motorcycle enthusiasts
to dust off their bikes and cars, tune them up, and get them out of
the garage and running.  All British cars and bikes in any condition,
restored or under repair, are welcome.  There is no judging; this is
not a show strictly for flawless and gorgeous vehicles.  If you're
thinking "my car isn't good enough," think again.  As long as you can
get it there under its own power or by any other means, we want to
include it in the show.  The more the merrier!

For the brave of heart, we will have the driving course set up again
this year on 3rd South between 3rd and 4th West.  During the event
there will be music, dancing, car and bike shoptalk, food, vendors of
British paraphernalia and drawings for superb raffle prizes.

This year, the British Isles Association will be participating in
British Field Day.  This group exists to further cultural awareness of
the British Isles and, in the process, enjoy camaraderie and British
related food and entertainment.  Some of the events scheduled are
performances by "Idlewild" music of the British Isles, an Irish Dance
Group performing hard and soft shoe dance, a British Brass Band, some
Highland Dancers performing the Highland Sword Dance with, of course,
Bagpipes, and an English Country Dance with audience participation.
In case all this dancing makes you hungry, the food vendors we plan to
have are The London Market, Ben's Cookies ("British" cookies),
Leslie's Bakery, Curry-In-A-Hurry, and the Utah Brits Cotton
Candy/SnoCone/Popcorn stand.

Proceeds from this event will be donated to The Center for Family
Development.  Since 1981, The Center for Family Development has helped
more than 13,000 people significantly improve their ability to
understand and effectively cope with abusive relationships.  Every
year more than 900 families or 3,000 individuals in Utah seek guidance
from the center.  Seventy-five percent of the center's clients are
family members directly affected by abuse.  Through education and
treatment, families and individuals can learn to avoid the repetitive
cycles of abuse and put their lives back together.

We Need Volunteers

We need a few good men and women who are willing to help with this
event.  If you are game to volunteer for assisting with set-up on
Friday evening at 6:30 PM or more set-up and registration Saturday
morning at 7:30 AM, please contact Bill Davis at 486-5049.

Help support this worthwhile event by getting out your cars and bikes
and joining in the fun!

        British Field Day
Saturday, June 5th
Pioneer Park