bmcu

British Field Day June 5

To: BMCU Members <BMCU@autox.team.net>
Subject: British Field Day June 5
From: Gary Lindstrom <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 20:01:54 -0600
13TH ANNUAL BRITISH FIELD DAY - JUNE 5TH

  Get your British Cars and Motorcycles out for British Field Day.

It's that time of year for all British car and motorcycle enthusiasts to
dust off their bikes and cars, tune them up, and get them out of the
garage and running.  All British cars and bikes in any condition,
restored or under repair, are welcome.  There is no judging; this is not
a show strictly for flawless and gorgeous vehicles.  If you're thinking
"my car isn't good enough," think again.  As long as you can get it
there under its own power or by any other means, we want to include it
in the show.  The more the merrier!

For the brave of heart, we will have the driving course set up again
this year on 3rd South between 3rd and 4th West.  During the event there
will be music, dancing, car and bike shoptalk, food, vendors of British
paraphernalia and drawings for superb raffle prizes.

This year, the British Isles Association will be participating in
British Field Day.

This group exists to further cultural awareness of the British Isles
and, in the process, enjoy camaraderie and British related food and
entertainment.  Some of the events scheduled are performances by
"Idlewild" music of the British Isles, an Irish Dance Group performing
hard and soft shoe dance, a British Brass Band, some Highland Dancers
performing the Highland Sword Dance with, of course, Bagpipes, and an
English Country Dance with audience participation.  In case all this
dancing makes you hungry, the food vendors we plan to have are  The
London Market, Ben's Cookies ("British" cookies), Leslie's Bakery,
Curry-In-A-Hurry, and the Utah Brits Cotton Candy/SnoCone/Popcorn stand.

Proceeds from this event will be donated to The Center for Family
Development.  Since 1981, The Center for Family Development has helped
more than 13,000 people significantly improve their ability to
understand and effectively cope with abusive relationships.  Every year
more than 900 families or 3,000 individuals in Utah seek guidance from
the center.  Seventy-five percent of the center's clients are family
members directly affected by abuse.  Through education and treatment,
families and individuals can learn to avoid the repetitive cycles of
abuse and put their lives back together.

We Need Volunteers

  We need a few good men and women who are willing to help with this
  event.  If you are game to volunteer for assisting with set-up on
  Friday evening at 6:30 PM or more set-up and registration Saturday
  morning at 7:30 AM, please contact Bill Davis at 486-5049.

Help support this worthwhile event by getting out your cars and bikes
and joining in the fun!

                        British Field Day

Saturday, June 5th

Pioneer Park