Rendezvous - spoiler warning

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Rendezvous - spoiler warning
From: pault151@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 07:27:33 +0000
Mike said,
>From: MWood24020@aol.com
>Subject: for all the Rendezvous fans out there...>

>OK, I know there's a few fans of the short film "Rendezvous"...but, have  you
>ever wondered exactly where he was driving? Well, here you go...it's really
>kind of cool :-)

>_http://bhendrix.com/wall/Gmaps_GVideo_Mashup_Rendezvous.html_
>(http://bhendrix.com/wall/Gmaps_GVideo_Mashup_Rendezvous.html)

and then I read the IMDB bits about the movie.  What a spoiler!  I still
enjoyed playing through the Google Maps thing but this time I was just admiring
the sound editing that made it sound pretty darned close to what we imagined
the action happening was.   I will say that the description of "breakneck
speed" is accurate, whether he was driving a 275 full chat or "just" going 85
MPH in a Mercedes of some type.  If you go back and look / listen closely, at
various points the driver is going full bore in 5th (did a 275 have 5 speeds?
hmm, found one website that says yes) and once it even sounds like he
downshifts 5 times - maybe he just missed one?  :-)     Well, full bore in a
275 is well on the far side of 130 MPH even if they didn't have the space to
really air it out, and that would be psychotic here, much less in those narrow
cobblestone canyons called streets in Paris.  As it is there are some really
close calls!

I can see why he might have been charged with some sort of offense.  What an
amazing bit, still.  Wouldn't be half as fun without the engine noise!

So if you really like the movie, don't read about the trivia on IMDB.