RE: the dark side

To: Anthony Tabacco <tony@atarchitects.com>, "ba-autox@autox.team.net"
Subject: RE: the dark side
From: Peter Mottaz <mph_16@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:29:55 -0800
Or you can get a kart and road race it. I've had a blast. Same courses, same
speeds, less money!
http://www.nckroadracing.com/

But yes Anthony, once you've done it, what every you spend..."soon...you won't
care". ;-)

Pete

> Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:13:01 -0800> From: tony@atarchitects.com> To:
ba-autox@autox.team.net> Subject: the dark side> > If anyone is interested in
going to the dark side, the cheap seats > cutoff for the annual region drivers
road racing school on march 2-4 is > coming up on jan 15th (after that the
price goes up a bit) and I know > there are still rental cars out there to be
had. It is serious fun and > gives you two full years to convert the novice
ticket you get to a > regional license (you can actually do that on the
mid-season double > regional in a single weekend) if you want, or just treat
it as a > value-added drivers ed experience. With a rental, you just show up
and > get in the car.> > figure about $3K total for the weekend:> tuition 570>
car rental (say)1200> personal safety gear 1,000 (yours forever)> hotel 3
nights 150 (its in willows!)> meals 100,(you won't eat much, trust me)> > For
that you get national level instruction, about 8 full hours (!)of > track time
at Thunderhill,ground school, two sanctioned (shortened > session)races, and
your novice logbook. You only need to do 2 regionals > in the next seasons for
you regional. its really a great deal.> > I know it seems like a lot of money,
but pretty soon.....you won't care.> > tony> > Your messages not reaching the
list?> Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html> > === Help keep Team.Net on
requests to majordomo@autox.team.net or try> ===
http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool> === Other lists available at> ===