Re: wheel repair?

To: "ba-autox Bay Area AutoX" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wheel repair?
From: "Scott & Charlotte Miller" <bimmerdogs@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:01:36 -0700
>Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:44:10 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Matt Drance <mattydrance@yahoo.com>
>Subject: wheel repair?
>
>A friend recently put a 1" curb rash on his E46 wheels and would like
to get
>them refinished.  Anyone recommend a shop that will do this, and
well?

This information is about 5 years old, so I suggest you call ahead to
make sure they're still there and get current pricing.

Wheels America, Union City - $109 per wheel regardless of how much or
how little work your wheels need, unless you have "highly polished"
wheels, which are more.

Wheel Techniques, Campbell - I didn't go there for a quote, but the
word is that they do excellent work, but are very expensive.

Pacific Rim, Pittsburg - Willing to work with you to determine the
best finish and methods for your wheels, but more expensive than
Wheels America.

Rite Way Wheels, Walnut Creek - specializes in chrome and highly
polished wheels.  Despite comments from former customers, he told me
he does not really want to do other types of finishing.

HTH,

Scott Miller

GGC BMW CCA