Re: Quality tire air pressure gauge

To: "Bay Area Autocross" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Quality tire air pressure gauge
From: "Viet-Tam Luu" <viettamluu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 13:29:41 -0700
I'm fairly happy with my Quickcar gauge, as seen here:
http://www.quickcar.net/tire_mgmt/tire.html

Even better yet is a Longacre tire gauge with the "ball" chuck
replaced with an angle chuck (like the one that comes with the
Quickcar): http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/item.asp?id=1133&catid=8

Both solutions easily come in under $50. I've found the Longacre
gauge's release valve bleeds air a bit faster than the Quickcar. The
larger (but not the smaller) Longacre gauge has a check valve on it so
it holds the pressure reading after you take the chuck off the valve
stem.

I've found that the angle chuck goes on the valve stem much more
easily and goes on straight so you don't have to wiggle it around
(leaking air in the process) to get a tight seal. I bought a few of
these and replaced the "truck tire" chuck on my cheapo Harbor Freight
inflator, which now works fabulously better than before.

--
Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. "Tam")
SFR-SCCA Solo2 #149 T1-CS, #149 EM