Re: [solo2sc] Back to 8 Run Groups, and what it means for

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [solo2sc] Back to 8 Run Groups, and what it means for
From: "svwilbur" <svwilbur@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 16:56:55 -0800
I would tend to agree with James to some degree.

There are plenty of stations that I have manned in the past that only needed
2 people.  One to shag cones and another to hold both the flag and radio.

Other times I have had 4 people and 2 of them just got in the way as they
talked for the whole event and did not pay attention to the cars.

There are some stations that do not need anyone at them, at least not to get
cones as very few cones are hit at some of the stations.

It seems like it really depends on the course design as to how many stations
are needed and how likely there will be a DNF at that station or cones hit.
Staffing should be assigned based on those factors and a concern for safety.
This should be part of a good course design- safe station locations and
person count.

I think a minimum standard should be 2 experienced people and add a 3rd or
4th at those more difficult corners, slaloms or boxes that typically cause
downed cones.  Novice workers should be in addition to those 2.

-Stacey
I would go to more events but my son and I like to sleep in on Sundays!