Posting on Car Identification

To: ba-autox-digest@autox.team.net, mouton@moutons.org
Subject: Posting on Car Identification
From: Mark Mervich <mwizard@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:09:48 -0800
Jerry,
The Steering Committee wants this info posted on the  SCCA web site.

On 2-21-06 the Steering Committee directed me to have Tech be more
thorough w/ on car  identification.  So this means that cars will not
pass tech until they have all the necessary elements of
identification and in the proper places.
     Numbers must be min of 8 in high and 1.25 in wide.  Class
letters must be in caps and min 4 in high 3/4 in wide and include L
for ladies as well as T1 and T2 if applicable.  Both must be a
contrasting color to the body and be mounted on body panels on both
sides.
Blue painters tape or masking tape will be allowed providing it also
meets the requirements.  SCCA will not provide tape.  Numbers and
class designations meeting the above requirements may be written on
paper and taped to body panels.
As a service to our participants, John Fabela of Fabmation has agreed
to be at events w/ stensels and magnetic sheet material.  There will
be a fee for his service.
More details about vehicle identification can be found in in section
3.7(pg 29 in the 06 book)of the Solo Rule Book and in Appendix F, pg
226.
Thank you for helping make our events run smoothly.
Mark Mervich
Chief of Tech

Thanks.  Please let me know when it is up.
Mark  WRX  STX
Mark Mervich
650-367-6326