RE: Heartland Park Tour

To: <bnemy@pacbell.net>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Heartland Park Tour
From: "james creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:27:02 -0800
who owns and is building this facility?

james
OSP - Oddest Solo Practitioners

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ba-autox@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-ba-autox@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Bryan Nemy
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 9:56 AM
To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Heartland Park Tour

Heartland Park Tour
I was at the National Convention last weekend and went on a tour of
Heartland Park, the site of the 2006 Solo Nationals.  It was cold and we
were in a fogged bus so some of the photos are not clear.  The track
entrance is a tunnel that goes into the infield, which will be used as the
Paddock area.  My understanding is that this is about 40 acres.  There will
be 33 garages available for rent (16'x30').  The paddock is partially paved
with grass areas.  Motorhomes will not have the park outside restriction
that Forbes Field had.  The pad for solo is 23 acres, which will be used
entirely for course.  Grid will be to the side.  Race grade asphalt was
used, so the grip will be like concrete without all the fill spots.  The
big, as in huge, building is the enclosed tech/impound area.  There will
also be a 4 bay tire center, permanent bathrooms, even places for showers
and permanent refreshment facilities.  All that you expect from a real
racetrack.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bnemy@pacbell.net/album?.dir=/d996&.src=ph&.to
k=ph62hZEBl._bm9ft