Re: Cool Hillclimb Video

To: BayArea Autocross <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cool Hillclimb Video
From: Sterling McLane <semclane@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 21:58:03 -0800
Scary event in the video - spectators and spectator cars right at the
edge of the road!
If there is anyone interested in trying a hillclimb, the Northwest
Hillclimb Association is our local option.
They put on fun and safe events and several of us from the SFR Solo
II community have run their events in the past.

The closest "hill" is on the Hoopa indian reservation - up I-5 to
Redding and then hang a left on 299 - about 4 hours from the bay
area.  There are even fewer viable hillclimb venues than there are
for autocross so participation requires a travel commitment similar
to attending an out-of-town Pro or National Tour event.

Their website is at http://www.nhahillclimb.org/