RE: Check out Riverside Motorsports Park

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Check out Riverside Motorsports Park
From: Katie Kelly <aceontour@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:04:43 -0800 (PST)
I believe that an autocrosser driving on the streets
produces less waste than non-autocrossers. We are
smoother on the throttle, which means better fuel
consumpion than most. Cars are well maintained, and
run more cleanly and efficiently. Autocrossers also
get their ya-yas out in a safe environment, instead of
on public streets, which means a more safe driving
environment for all. Traffic would flow more smoothly
if more drivers autocrossed. I'm all for bicycling and
public transit, but if any group were more entitled to
drive on public roads, it would be autocrossers, in my
opinion. It'd be interesting to know what the real
statistics are comparing fuel consumption in the daily
driving of autocrossers versus non-autocrossers. I
think it'd make a compelling
pro-autocross/pro-environment argument. Autocrossing
should be a requirement!