communication

To: "John Kelly" <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Subject: communication
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 15:10:13 -0800
John,

Do we have any idea how many autocrossers come to us from the rest of the
SCCA, that is, against the perceived flow of autocross as a feeder to road
racing?  I personally know one road racer who was still in a street car type
class who occasionally came to autocrosses to polish parts of his skill set,
but I do not know how common that is.  So I am not sure how much our
exposure in the Wheel can bring us in terms of participation, and would
guess that is a pretty small contributor.

I wouldn't mind there being more recognition of auto-x in the Wheel, if only
because some of my dues to go its production.

Do you have any idea whether we would lose some aspect of our SCCA insurance
by becoming a separate Region or Chapter?

           Paul T.