Karting for Kids

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Karting for Kids
From: "Carl Merritt" <cmerritt@luminous.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:30:51 -0700
So my son turns 8 in a couple weeks, and I'm sure nothing would float
his boat more than doing laps in a Kart somewhere.  For you all who have
kids in the Jr. Kart program, how did you get started?  Cone off a
corner of an unused parking lot at Lockheed Martin on the weekend and
let them play around and learn how to drive?  Is there a Karting
school/track of some sort near by that takes kids as young as 8?  And
no, we won't be buying a Kart and hitting the full Jr Kart Autocrossing
routine yet, need to wait until his sister turns 8 late next year and
then It's On :).

-Carl