Practice, Round #7, and Round #8

To: Bay Area AutoX <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Practice, Round #7, and Round #8
From: Tim Dolan <cyclist@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:47:06 -0700 (PDT)
A big thanks to:

Bruce Corcoran, David Scott, and Les Brown for chairing the Practice Event that
resulted in 6 practice runs on Saturday.

Natalie Tabacco and new chair Jasmine Vanderpan for chairing Round #7. It was
another beautiful day!

Charlie Davis, our premier course designer, who once again prevailed for both
events. A discussion with Charlie about the 'Boxes' brought out an interesting
explanation of the difference between true 'Chicago Boxes' and the type we
actually see as elements in our courses. Maybe Charlie can sometime explain
this popular element in a post to the this forum?

Coming Up:

Arnold Aescano, Irvin Sevilla, and Freddie Feliciano will chair Round #8 at
Marina this coming Sunday. If you like smooth concrete, then you will enjoy
this site. Please respond to the call for setup workers. Bring your lunch and
plenty of sunscreen. Clear skies and warm weather are predicted.

Thanks,

Tim