Re: T/A @ Long Beach

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: T/A @ Long Beach
From: smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:23:38 -0400
John Kelly wrote:

<< INDIANAPOLIS (April 15, 2005)   Television coverage from last weekend's
Cytomax Challenge Trans-Am Series race, part of the Toyota Grand Prix of
Long Beach, will air Sunday at 2 p.m. EDT on SPEED Channel. The broadcast
time was changed from the previously scheduled time of 1:30 p.m.

The race was won by Randy Ruhlman, a bay area autocross driver who got his
start competing in a Corvette at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in
Pleasanton. >>
Actually, it was a Camaro...

Randy and I were working in a timing trailer at Stockton with our girlfriends
once when an RX-3 wagon came thru the last corner on 3 wheels, then 2,
then tripped the finish line bell cord with the rain gutter.  Michelle and
Kristi
were OUTTA there, running, and Randy and I looked at each other like "Naaaah,
he's not gonna make it this far." He kept going over, and Randy and I started
to rise
out of our seats a lttle, with the women looking at us like we were crazy. Then
the RX-3
stopped rolling and we eased back into our seats as if we knew all along he
wasn't going
to make it.  I seem to remember we got a bit of a tongue lashing, but looking
cool under
pressure is IMPORTANT, I tell you!!!

Charlie