Re: SFR Technical Inspection Rules

To: Richard Urschel <osp13@mybluelight.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SFR Technical Inspection Rules
From: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:04:07 -0800 (PST)
--- Rich Urschel wrote:
> If SFR actually does have a rule that everything
> must be solidly clamped in place irrespective of
> safety, some one might want to consider printing it
> somewhere rather than "catching" 4 or 5 people per
> event.
>
> BTW, the filter is attached to a flexible 4"
> diameter hose and had previously passed 80 SFR
> inspections. Even if it became detached from the
> hose it could not get out of the compartment and
> there is nothing it can interfere with.

I don't know of SFR having supplemental regulations
requiring things that the National rules don't.  And I
can't find anything in my 2005 Solo Rule Book that
covers it.  In addition, under "Mandatory Provisions"
(section 1.1, page 12)indicates that Section 3.3
(Vehicle Safety) is a mandatory section.  I guess a
Region could add to section 3.3, but it would have to
be a supplemental regulation...

Charlie