Re: Removing drive axles

To: ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Removing drive axles
From: Shawn Brenneman <startled@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:20:41 -0800
Sorry, slip of the mouse, I feel like an idiot.

I was writing to see if anybody on this has any experience working on
Mazda MX-6s (or their mechanical twin, the Ford Probe), specifically
with removing the drive axles.  I've been taking my car apart since it
developed an unusual knocking sound back at round 5 of the slush
season (to fix it up and also give it some much needed repairs, like a
new clutch), and I'm at a loss for how to get these half-axles out.
I've been hammering on them for hours as is recommended by the shop
manual, but they don't seem to even budge.

If you've got any advice, I'd love to hear it.  Once these things are
out, I feel like I'll be able to finally work on the things that are
actually wrong with my car.

Thanks,
Shawn