Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street

To: ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New Solo 2 Officers for 2005 and change to Street
From: "Don L." <toy4speed@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:03:29 -0800 (PST)
"Nobody has addressed the effect this will have on race tire use in
Stock classes.  Does the club care that there's almost no incentive to buy
race tires now? "

I think folks who are buying race tires now in Stock classes will continue to
do so.  Those who ran ST likely wouldn't buy race tires regardless.  With this
new alignment, the former ST folks can measure their performance against
comparable cars, trying to get within the 1-2 secs the race tires alledgedly
provides.

I buy race tires because it makes my cars go faster.  Same reasoning for sway
bars, shocks, fuel mods, whatever.

I think this new format can work.  The committee undoubtedly gave it much
consideration.

Don Lew
DSP Supra, et al.