Re: The History of the Wheel according to the editor of NAP

To: aceontour@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: The History of the Wheel according to the editor of NAP
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:43:17 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/04 11:52:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
aceontour@yahoo.com writes:

> If there was no story, my parents
> would freak and write one. Or I'd write one. Someone
> would. Probably this new editor (I guess not that new)
> isn't as emotionally vested. So, if there is no
> autocross story, oh well.

That's it exactly.  The autocross stories have always been written by
autocrossers.  It's just that The Wheel's staff used to be autocrossers, and
now they
aren't.  So, shame on us as autocrossers for not writing our own stories.

I initially responded to John because I thought he was making an uncalled for
dig at The Wheel's current editor...

Charlie