Anybody belong to ESCA?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anybody belong to ESCA?
From: "Andy R. Towers" <atowers@raleys.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:46:34 -0700
I've got a buddy who's got an STI and we've been trying to hook up for 6
months to go autocrossing. Finally, I'm going to the Marina Event
tomorrow, and I called him up to see if I can crash at his place in
Santa Rosa, as I think its a little closer than Sacramento.
Well, guess what? He said he's going to an ESCA event tomorrow.... his
first ever auto cross, and I WANNA BE THERE! But wait, there's more!
According to the site:
http://www.empiresportscar.org/
You have to be a member just TO GET ON THE GROUNDS!! WTF?!?!?! I'm sure
it is an insurance thing. I called the number my buddy gave me (left a
message), but I thought I'd also try this list. I've got my wife's '01
Miata (a feat in itself... I got the '91 SPECIFICALLY because she wanted
me to stop "racing" her car, but the '91 has this habit of being broken
whenever there's an autocross coming up...) and was hoping somebody
knows somebody, or I can get a one-time "get-in-to-jail-free" card or be
somebody's guest or something. I just wanna help this guy out and give
him the ribbing of a lifetime as he realizes that a WRX-STI does not a
Professional Rallye Driver make.
So, could anybody help me out here?
TIA!
---------Andymon