SCCA Club Racing: SCCA Club Racer Lux to Appear on NBC's

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SCCA Club Racing: SCCA Club Racer Lux to Appear on NBC's
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 11:31:00 -0400
FYI:
-------------------- Begin Forwarded Message --------------------

From: "Curtis Kitchen", INTERNET:CKitchen@scca.com
To: "Curtis Kitchen", INTERNET:CKitchen@scca.com
Date: Tue, May 4, 2004 5:48:02 PM

RE: SCCA Club Racing: SCCA Club Racer Lux to Appear on NBC's "Today" Show

Sender: CKitchen@scca.com
Subject: SCCA Club Racing: SCCA Club Racer Lux to Appear on NBC's "Today"
Show
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 16:19:14 -0500
From: "Curtis Kitchen" <CKitchen@scca.com>
To: "Curtis Kitchen" <CKitchen@scca.com>

SCCA Club Racer Lux to Appear on NBC's "Today" Show

 TOPEKA, Kan. (May 4, 2004) - Cindy Lux, a member of SCCA Club Racing's
NayKid Racing team, will appear on NBC's "Today" show this Friday, May
7.

 The Aloha, Oregon-resident was asked to participate as one of three
women featured in a piece called "Women in Male Jobs - Makeovers," which
focuses on women who work in professions largely dominated by men. The
concept behind the segment is to give Lux a "day of pampering" because
of a workload (she participated in a driving event in South America
earlier this week) that leaves her with little opportunity to focus on
herself.  Part of that focus includes a day at a spa - complete with
massage, make-up treatment, hair styling and more.

 "This is a lot of fun. I love to be pampered, like anyone," Lux said.
"But with my schedule, I just don't have the time too often. I test new
cars before they are launched to the general public and help debut them
to the press.  NBC feels this is a non-traditional female role and they
want to tell the story.

 "I've been able to do a lot of cool stuff through racing but this is
definitely different."

Lux, who drives the No. 78 KUMHO Tire/ Suburban Chevrolet/ Redline Oil/
Kodiak Racing Wheels/ CORSA Exhaust Chevrolet Corvette for NayKid Racing
in the SCCA Club Racing T1 class, was accompanied by the "Today" show
crew during the recent Western Sprints National event in Pueblo, Colo.
There, the cameras caught her not only winning her first race of the
year, but interacting with sponsors and fans as well.

The segment is scheduled to run sometime during the 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
portion of the show.

 -30-

 Photo Caption: Cindy Lux
Photo Credit: NayKid Racing

Additional background. Cindi Lux is the daughter of Dick Hahn, a
Seattle-area auto dealer who fielded a Ferrari in Seattle SCCA races,
including the Sea-Fair races, in the '60s and '70s. Jerry Grant was the
driver. They won 26 races in a row and Grant won an Indy car ride off of
his record. That's the atmosphere Cindi grew up in.

--jk