Looking for a pair of Miata wheels/tires

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for a pair of Miata wheels/tires
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:52:08 -0800
Some friends of mine locally are working on a neat project car.   Basically,
a homebuilt Lotus7 clone with a modified 13B rotary in it....also using the
donor car (1985 RX7) 5-speed and rear end.   This is a long-term project, I
expect it'll be another 1-2 years until it is done.  Once it is done, I hope
to get them out to run autocross in it :).

As part of the project, they are ending up using Miata front
brakes/knuckles.   But as of now, they don't have anything to bolt to the
front (they have the original RX7 tires/wheels for the rear).

Does anyone have a pair of old Miata rims/tires that they can donate or sell
(very) cheap?    Condition of the rims/tires is irrelevant, as long as the
tires hold air (i.e. corded race tires on old 14" steel wheels would be fine
here, or even a pair of emergency spare tires).   These will just be used to
roll the project around the garage.

If you can help, please e-mail me.   Thanks!

Ed Runnion
Ed_Runnion@RegionOfDoom.com
Couple of Autocross cars....