Re: rules question

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: rules question
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:33:00 -0800
On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 03:19:28AM -0500, Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
> The whole "sports car based" thing is screwed up, if you ask me.

I agree completely, especially since it's used so selectively (and/or
"sports car" is very poorly defined...you should see the debates over
its meaning on any internet car discussion forum).

I've known since I was 15 years old that a Supra is a sports car.

You've created a perfect example of how sketchy the term "sports car"
is for use in a rule.  You think that the RX-8 is obviously a sports
car, but I think if a Supra can be sedan enough for SM, then the RX-8
is even better qualified to be in STX (more doors, bigger backseat).

By the way, some of us got to play with the RX-8 at the RevItUp
event.  Peter made an amazing run through the test drive course with a
carload of people.  The two of us in the back seat thought that there
was plenty of room.  More than an Integra, for sure.  Oh right, the
question was about the G35 coupe.  I would argue that it's pretty
heavily based on the 350Z and therefore shouldn't be eligible.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94