Bill Finefrock

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bill Finefrock
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:08:22 -0500
While most people on this list probably didn't know him, Bill Finefrock
died this past Sunday, Jan. 25, from from burns he received when his house
in Auburn, CA, burned.
        Bill hired me to work for him at "Competition Press & Autoweek" in
the '60s and I've been doing the same kind of thing ever since with The
Wheel, MotoRacing, and NA Pylon.

Besides his house in a gated community, also lost was a '37 Cord
convertible, '41 Cadillac convertible, a '41 Lincoln convertible, and a '97
Cadillac El Dorado. The local fire dept. says it was the El Dorado that
caught fire first.

        In the '60s Finefrock published The Wheel for SF Region. Then he
bought Competition Press from Road & Track in 1965. He based it in
Lafayette, CA. Four years later his partner bought him out and he moved to
Dillon, MT, and published the local daily. While in Dillon he became the
publishr of SCCA's Sports Car. That lasted about two-three years.

--John Kelly