Introduction

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Introduction
From: "Richard Caviteno" <richard@caviteno.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 01:03:42 -0800
Greetings all and Happy Lunar New Year!

My name is Richard Caviteno and even though I go to school in Socal
(currently on online classes, but will transfer to CSULB in Fall) I do
head up to the SFR runs since it gives me both an excuse to visit
family/friends and to autocross in the the region I love running in.

Last season I ran my 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S in STX-Novice.  I plan on
running my 1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD in STX for 2004.  Hrm, just
don't expect anything major.  I'll be extremely happy if I run mid-pack
in terms of times. ^_-

Hmm, a bit o' info about myself.  My last name if Filipino.  It is
especially confusing since I've been mistaken for Italian by a co-worker
once.  To make it worse people normally assume I'm Chinese or
half-something.  If it helps any, my great-grandfather is Chinese.
Let's not even get started on age.  Let's just say that if Noel Esporo
was hard to figure out in age...

As for careers, my former career was in Information Technology as a
Systems Administrator.  Now I'm returning to school to finish up my B.A.
in Asian Studies and then plan to move on to a Master's in Counseling.
I want to become a school counselor.  The Asian Studies is icing on the
cake since I'm currently writing a book based on Asian history and
culture.

My hobbies include writing (stories, books, and...err, wannabe movie
scripts for acting friends), reading books and manga, building computers
and networks at home, music composition, singing, playing piano, doing
performances at Rooms Cafi (Westwood LA) and Foothill College (my fav
college, located in Los Altos Hills), torturing friends singing karaoke
(especially trying to sing in Japanese), watching Japanese anime,
chatting with friends online, working on cars, and of course, racing
cars.

A special shout-out to Noel, Kristy, and Alan Perucho for getting me
into this addicting motorsport.  I'll be seeing you all out in
Boondoggle IV. ^_^

Richard Caviteno
---
1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD, #74 STX
2000 Toyota Celica GT-S, daily driver and I-5 commuter

---