The best thing that I like to do

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: The best thing that I like to do
From: Eljssp8@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:05:03 EST
So I was talking to my psychiatrist/friend/lover/wife this past weekend, and
I asked her why the heck do I not feel happy? I have every reason to be; I
feel very fortunate to have a loving family, an understanding wife, three
loving
daughters, and six dutiful concubines. (j/k)  There isn't anything more that a
man can ask for.

After a couple hours of soul searching, with us discussing the reality of
mid-life and beyond, my wife brought up the subject of auto-x. My spirits
brightened up immediately, my mind was awake, my eyes lit up, and I was eager
confront the non-autox obstacles that only moments before seemed like
mountains,
too high to handle.

The discussions confirm one thing to me. Auto-x is a sport/hobby that's very
important in my life. Even though each event only nets me approx. three to
five minutes of thrills, it is the "by-product" of auto-x that I also love. In
fact, this "by-product" is a major ingredient of the main product. I realize
it's the friends and fellow competitors who I get to see and interact with
every
time, the use of this list to communicate and exchange ideas with each other
and to learn from, the friendship that developes as time goes on, that I find
most rewarding.

I miss auto-x. I am happiest when I am at events, and have events to look
forward to each week. It literally affects how I feel at work and at home.

Now I know why I am feeling so blue.

Sorry for my selfish rambling, and thanks for the bandwidth.

To my friends, MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Eric Cheung