Re: do drycell batteries require a battery box?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: do drycell batteries require a battery box?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:39:05 EST
In a message dated 12/20/03 12:46:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
james@thevenom.net writes:

> i seem to remember they do not.  please correct me if im wrong.  us OSP guys
> have a hard time finding our rule books!

3.3.3.O, page 52 requires non-conductive marine type battery boxes only for
wet cell batteries moved from the manufacturer's original location.  Dry cell
and gel cell batteries do not require the box.  Note: ALL batteries must be
securely attached to the chassis or frame, independent of a marine container,
if
used.  In other words, the marine container cannot be considered to attach the
battery.  Insufficient battery attachment may be the #1 reason for failing
tech...

Charlie